Get RID of Stink Bugs!
- Use vinegar to wash the windows.
- Grow or sprinkle catnip in your garden.
- Vacuum stink bugs once inside your home to avoid the smell which draws
more stink bugs into your house.
- Reduce outdoor lighting during the five months stink bugs season to help
minimize the stink bug population into your area.
- Caulk all cracks and openings around the exterior and interior of your
- Mend any holes in screen doors and windows to eliminate easy access.
- Switch off lights inside your home when not in use. The light attracts
- Make sure to wash fruits and vegetables before use.
- Mix 2 cups water and 4 teaspoons of garlic powder in a spray bottle and
shake well. Spray solution onto plant leaves, soil, doorways and any
other areas stink bugs tend to migrate to.
- Mix 2 cups water and 10 drops mint essential oil (or 2 teaspoons ground
mint leaves). Spray solution onto doorways, plant leaves and soil to
keep bugs from migrating to your lawn.
- Mix 8 ounces water, 1 ounce lemon juice and 1/2 ounce vinegar in spray
bottle. Shake well. Spray solution onto doorways, plant leaves and